I edit documents, proposals, newsletters, articles, web content, speeches and more.
The longest piece I edited was “Appendix A” for the master landscape plan of a nature reserve in Panama, the only foreign property of the Smithsonian Institution. The original appendix, from an architectural/design firm, contained 110 pages. I began by removing passive verbs and the verb to be, thus reducing the page count to 84.
I found inconsistencies, unanswered questions and poor Spanish phrasing (I speak French). I created a glossary and a list of acronyms, made the fonts and formatting consistent and improved basic grammar and sentence structure. Best editing project ever.
Other editing clients include
- Academy House Condominiums
- Arbor, Inc.
- Beck Institute for Cognitive Therapy
- Campbell Soup Company
- Central City Toyota
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Council on the Arts
- DermaMed Solutions
- Eisenhower Exchange Fellowships
- Elwyn, Inc.
- FMC Corporation
- Franklin Institute
- Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association
- Institute of Pennsylvania Hospital
- Kling Architecture/KlingStubbins (now Jacobs)
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer
- O’Donnell & Naccarato
- Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Philadelphia Workforce Development Corporation
- Presbyterian Medical Center
- R. M. Shoemaker Construction
- Reiff & Bily Law Firm
- Scott Paper Company
- Shared Medical Systems
- Smithsonian Institution
- Sporting Club Bellevue
- Subaru of America
- Temple University Legal Aid Office
- University of Pennsylvania, Penn Law Journal
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- University of the Arts
- William Penn Foundation