If you want someone to write about Philadelphia, call Susan.
- She recently added a second profession as a tour guide for the Philadelphia area.
- She joined the board of the Association of Philadelphia Tour guides.
- She profiled Meryl Levitz, dynamic head of visitphilly.com, for the Jewish Exponent.
- She served Philadelphia as a municipal guide. Job description: “Meet and greet visiting dignitaries.”
- She volunteered at the information desk at the Reading Terminal Market and in the City Hall Visitors’ Center..
- She writes about Philadelphia. She edited 2 editions of Off the Beaten Path: Pennsylvania.
- She knows that all Philadelphia zip codes – and only Philadelphia zip codes – begin with 191.
- She can spell, pronounce and drive to Manayunk, Passyunk and Conshohocken.
- She know where to hold a wedding (Knowlton Mansion), buy 100 inexpensive sticks of incense (Chung May food market) and get a good shoeshine (in the Reading Terminal Market).