Need help writing for or about architects, landscape architects and interior designers; engineers; general contractors and construction managers; real estate investors? Please call.
I have developed a knack for turning technical data into copy that your clients and prospects can easily understand. I have
- Created a communications department for The Kling Partnership, later Kling-Lindquist, later Kling-Stubbins, now part of Jacobs. Wrote project descriptions. Initiated and implemented nationwide program to promote the firm’s expertise in architectural, interior and engineering specialties. Ghost-written articles for partners and associates, placing them in a dozen targeted periodicals.
- Written the cover story for the Philadelphia AIA’s Context magazine about the Schuylkill River nature trail.
- Written a 15-page report of a master plan for Dresher, Pa. The Urban Land Institute (ULI) prepared the plan.
- Written an article for the AIA’s Context magazine about Wallace Roberts & Todd’s Charlottesville Transit Center.
- Ghost-written articles for local and national publications, both architectural publications and trade journals of client industries (such as education, research laboratories and suburban office complexes).
- Written website content, brochures, newsletters, proposals, competition submissions, boilerplate material and descriptions of hundreds of completed projects.
- Created uniform style guides for all written and electronic correspondence.
- Trained professionals to improve their writing.
I can write about solar energy, life and fire safety, managing design projects, employee orientation to new offices, shopping malls, zoo facilities, restaurant and retail design, federal standards for cleanliness in pharmaceutical facilities, suburban land planning and lighting for computer rooms.
I have written on related issues for the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Philadelphia chapter’s magazine, Context, as well as for Architectural Record and Philadelphia Business Journal.